STAR Coach Training Programme
If at the heart of coaching is transforming someone’s life, how can you create that for others, if you yourself have not been through that process?
This programme is a deep immersion into what true transformation is, and how you can really make sustainable shifts in all aspects of your life, and ultimately in coaching. The underlying paradigm that runs throughout, is to empower individuals to ‘be conscious’, ‘be in control (of your thinking)’, and to ‘be in creation’. It empowers individuals to embody unconditional positive regard for self and for others, unconditional acceptance of what is, and to constantly come from a place of genuineness, and that it is not that we need to let go or get rid of any aspect of ourselves but rather to embrace and allow more.
STAR Coach Training and Leadership Development Programme is an Accredited Coach Training provider with the ICF. It is also a registered Training Institution and member of COMENSA and The South African Board for People Practices (SABPP), and is recognized at an NQF Level 5.
The classroom based (JHB only) programme equates to 194,5 coach training hours, of which 140 hours are direct student contact.
The online programme equates to 146.5 coach training hours.
Both courses are facilitated in English by Savannah Steinberg and/or Mark Fraser-Grant. Refer to “our team” page for their bio. Formal requirements to enter the programme include a matric certificate or equivalent as well as a commitment to participate fully and complete the prescribed work. Applications will dealt with on a case-by-case basis where required.
This programme is a journey to wholeness. This journey is FOR you, ABOUT you, and designed to EMPOWER you to create the important and meaningful changes in your life. The lessons you learn about yourself, will then be able to be applied with your clients. It will ask a lot from you. It will stretch you and challenge you, but at the end, we trust that you leave feeling that you are able to create all that you desire for your life.
The key to any change is awareness. Without this, no change is possible. This module explores the systemic influences that govern the choices we make in our daily lives. Research suggests that of the totality of what there is to be aware of, what rises to the level of our consciousness is closer to zero, than to even one percent. Whilst many people believe they are fully in control of their lives, these statistics show otherwise. It is the unconscious that drives and determines the choices we make every day. This module creates awareness of a myriad of aspects that form part of this.
Change; an act or process through which something becomes different. Too often we spend so much time trying to change, but nothing changes. To create real and sustainable change in one’s life requires a thorough understanding of change and the core constructs that will either lead to success, or significantly stand in the way. The purpose of this module is to introduce the basics in coaching, such that participants leave with an ability to facilitate conversations with purpose that lead to constructive outcomes.
When we come from a place of unawareness, we are often run by our default programmes, or ‘who we think we are’. But this is not who we are. A key driver for being human is the need to belong. This drives a whole host of dysfunctional behaviours in relationships when this longing is unconscious. Module 3 explores some fundamental ingredients to make relationships work, to help you shift out of roles you might see as yourself, but really are not, and enable collaborative and creative interactions.
Module 4 is a deep dive into authenticity, and clarifying our real blue-print, and a new frame of reference to anchor our choices to. To manifest the internal shifts we have been making requires a conversation for connection. It is through dialogue with another human being, that we ‘merge’ the inner shifts into our outer reality, without which, they remain unlived and unspoken. This module aims to be an experience of wholeness and integration, a feeling of being in congruence with your Self.
Self-transcendence refers to the direct experience of a fundamental connection, harmony or unity with others and the world. It is the act of going beyond ego, usually as a result of love, service, or undivided attention for another. It captures any experience through which you come to know yourself free from the ego. REAL* Leadership is what is required to lead the next generation into the future. To be fully engaged, we must be physically energised, emotionally connected, mentally focused and spiritually aligned with a purpose beyond our immediate self-interest. This is what Module 5 is about.
(*Responsible, Empathic, Authentic Leadership)
- For those seeking a first-class coach education
- For those in an existential search and who seek a deeply personal and transformational experience
- For those who want an entirely new approach to leadership
- To empower people to know what it really means to love, accept, honour and respect yourself
- To feel confident to leave the training and coach clients successfully
- To have had an experience that profoundly alters their life for good
- To have an experience of being fully free to be all of who they are, and fully self-expressed
- To leave with clarity on how to embody living life from the choice to ‘Love, Accept, Honour and Respect’ oneself
- The deep desire, passion and commitment of the facilitation team for every person going through this process to get all the concepts and processes on a level that allows everyone to apply them into their life and ultimately in their coaching practice.
- The group sizes are kept small, max 10, to ensure every person in the process gets enough personal attention. These conditions create a sanctuary that allows people to be authentic and transparent which creates a vulnerability and realness not often felt in real life
- You go through your own self-transformation which allows you to hold the space for others / your client to go through their own
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for programme costs and additional info